The process of giving birth is ᴘᴀɪɴꜰᴜʟ and it starts with the wave of emotions that hits a woman through her period of pregnancy, followed by various hardships and the ᴘᴀɪɴ of labor.
Yes, you can read all the books, attend every class, and ask for all the advice, but you don’t know what labor and delivery is truly like until you’ve experienced it.
Luckily, there are empowering quotes about giving birth that can fill even the most nervous of pregnant women with a sense of calm and purpose.
- “The wisdom and compassion a woman can intuitively experience in childbirth can make her a source of healing and understanding for other women.”
– Stephen Gaskin
- “There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.”
– Laura Stavoe Harm
- “Birth isn’t something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in.”
– Sheila Kitzinger
- “Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers – strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
– Barbara Katz Rothman
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.”
– Myla + Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “A strong intention, a relaxed body and an open mind are the main ingredients for an active birth.”
– Janet Balaskas
- “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear.”
– Jane Weideman